Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, March 7, 2014

Dre Does Top 4 Mascaras

Mascara. It's like the one thing us women are never satisfied with. We always want the newest, thicker, more volumizing, more lengthening, darker than black....mascara. It's a never ending quest so I'm here to share my favorite mascaras, mostly drugstore, but also one high end. Keep in mind that what may work for one person may do nothing for another, so let me tell you a bit about my lashes and what I personally like in a mascara.

My lashes are generally long and dark, however they don't like to curl whatsoever and I wish they were fuller. When I look for a mascara I gravitate towards volume, curling, and separation. I always buy them in the blackest black shades as well. I'm a huge lash junkie so I do multiple coats and sometimes layer different mascaras, but let's meet the winners!


1. tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes!: We're just going to start off with my favorite because I can't help it! I recently featured this one in my February favorites and I've fallen in love. It is really dark and very buildable. The wand is skinny enough to really get every little lash and get really close to your lash line.The thing I love most besides all the volume it gives is how great it is at holding a curl. While it is more expensive than the others I've shown here, it's not bad compared to some other high end mascaras. It is a little harder to remove than the others but since this is what comes with great staying power, I don't mind. If you're looking for a comparison, it is much easier to remove than Benefit's They're Real mascara. Since it's more expensive, it's a great one to keep on hand for special occasions or nights out.

2. Maybelline's The Falsies Volume Express: This ones an oldie but a goodie. The slight curve of the wand allows you to get right into the base of your eyelashes and really build the volume. I've gone through at least 5 of these babies and it's a mascara I just always have on hand. It's a great addition to other mascaras if you just want a little more fullness.

3. Rimmel London's Lash Accelerator: This is my favorite lengthening mascara ever. It separates and lengthens your lashes so beautifully and is really buildable as well (as you can see I love multiple coats, so being buildable without getting clumpy is a huge quality I look for in a mascara). I really like to apply this one first to get good length on my lashes and then apply the Maybelline Falsies or another that's more volumizing, to get the desired fullness. Adding this mascara before another definitely helps you achieve that big, long, voluminous lash look! 

4. Physician's Formula Organic Wear Jumbo: This is a new favorite of mine that I finally tried out due to various YouTube beauty gurus, regardless of the tacky packaging...haha. The wand reminded me of the Covergirl Lash Blast wand which I'm not a fan of so I was hesitant at first, but I'm really glad I tried it. It gives you great volume without clumping your lashes. This is another one that is very...get ready for it... BUILDABLE! (I can't help it! Haha). I got mine in a 'two for the price of one' pack so keep an eye out for those! This is definitely one of my go-to every day mascaras. 

All of these prices are based on ulta.com but most drugstores do various Buy one get one half off sales and promos so keep a close look on weekly ads! 

What are your favorite mascaras? Any holy grail ones you think I should try or ones you'd like me to review? Leave me a comment below and let me know because I'm always down to try more! 

Have a beautiful day,

Dre

2 comments:

Dre Does.... © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO