Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Dre Does a NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation Review

I mentioned in my last post that the new NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation was a favorite of mine and if you wanted a more in depth review of it, I would share. So here we are! Shout out to those of you who requested it! Before we get started, always remember that foundation is very specific to each individual so what works well for me or someone you know may not work well on your skin. 

Incase you missed my current favorites post, I mentioned that I tried out a sample of this foundation because I had been hearing such good things about it but I was scared to fall in love with it because of the price tag; $48 a bottle...As an oily skin type I'm always wanting the glowy skin but terrified I will look greasy instead, so I've always gravitated towards a matte finish foundation. Well you guessed it, I fell in love and purchased a bottle about a month ago. 


The NARS website describes the foundation as "Full, natural-looking coverage with unexpectedly weightless, 16-hr wear. Highly pigmented and perfectly balanced, this breakthrough formula builds and blends effortlessly with just one drop..." While I don't necessarily agree with 'one drop', I have to say I agree with the rest of it. You can definitely build up a full coverage look easily. I personally use 2 drops on average when my skin is behaving and 3 drops during those temperamental skin times, but you really do use very little product compared to foundations I have used in the past. The best part is how natural it looks. The finish is gives your skin has such a beautiful luminosity that doesn't by any means look greasy. The NARS website also talks about how there is 'Even Tone Technology' that neutralizes redness and dullness and helps long term to diminish the appearance of discoloration. I would agree with these statements as well because I have a lot of redness due to Ezcema on my cheeks and it does a wonderful job of covering it. As far as overall discoloration, I will have to report back once I've been using it longer! 

Another positive for me about this product is that it is oil and paraben free. I have very sensitive and acne-prone skin so if my skin can't breathe I will not like a foundation. Due to the addition of it also being so light and weightless, I love how it feels and wears on my skin throughout the day! 

Now before I get you too excited, I will say that I don't think this is will be the best option for you if you have dry skin. I purchased it when I had just gotten back from Puerto Rico and my nose was extremely dry from the sun. I noticed that the foundation clung to the dry patches and didn't look natural at all. Once the dryness subsided though, I loved how it looked on my skin. Overall I would say normal to oily skin types will probably love this product best. I use it over my Benefit Cosmetics Porefessional Primer and it works like a dream. I'm curious to see how it would go over a hydrating primer though so I will probably test that out on someone soon. Leave me a comment if you've tried it this way or if you've tried the foundation at all!




(Disclaimer: Yes it looks a little too yellow for my hand because my face is different than my hands. Hence why you should always color match on your face not your hands! For reference I wear the shade Medium 1 Punjab.)



Have a beautiful day,

Dre




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dre Does.... © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO