Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, October 16, 2015

Dre Does Friday Favorites

It's been too long since I've shared some Friday Favorites so I thought I'd give you a taste of what I've been really enjoying lately.

First up we have a fall themed favorite that I discovered when looking for something else! I'm a huge fan of greek yogurt and it's the only dairy I consumer besides the occasional addition of cheese when I'm cooking. I heard that Chobani had Pumpkin Spice Yogurt and even though I didn't think I would like it I set out to find some. Luckily I came across the last one while grocery shopping last week and right next to it was an abundance of the Cinnamon Pear flavor. I grabbed a few and it turns out I ended up hating the pumpkin spice one and being OBSESSED with the Cinnamon Pear flavor. It's so delicious. While they are higher in sugar than I like (15g of sugar and 12g of protein), if you're looking for a healthier option to having dessert at night, I highly recommend trying the Cinnamon Pear flavor as an evening snack!

 Even though I'm already more than halfway through the 20's I really enjoyed reading this article from Emily, one of my favorite fashion and lifestyle blogger's from Cupcakes and Cashmere. It's filled with some great reminders so take a look when you have a second.

I have been obsessed with the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight in Opal (the liquid version of the Shimmering Skin Perfector family). It came in a kit of four mini's from Becca that I purchased about 6 months ago. While I fell in love with two of the four really quickly, this one kind of got thrown into a drawer and for some reason I decided to pull it out last week and start using it. Not sure what compelled me to do so but thanks to whatever intuition I should thank for my now glowing skin! It has a nice, flat applicator that makes it really easy to dab one side on one cheek, flip it over and dab the other side on the other cheek! Then I use my beauty blender to blend the product well into my skin so I have no harsh edges (I should note that I always apply it after my under eye concealer as my last liquid product. I then set my under eye concealer with powder and finish my face with my other powder products). I love how dewy and healthy it makes my skin look. The nice thing about the full size version of this product is that it comes with a pump so you can mix it in with foundation or moisturizer to give you an all over dewy illumination. It will definitely be added to my beauty wishlist.

While I haven't mentioned it for awhile here on Dre Does I reach for my Aveda Beautifying Composition often especially as the weather starts to get chillier. Recently I've been noticing some random dry patches around my nose and eye area so I pulled out my trusted friend and have been adding a drop here and there to combat these random flaky spots. I love the aroma and the versitility of this product and will never be without it. Click here to see a post I did on it more than a year and a half ago showing 11 uses for this magical product!

Cycling or spinning (depending on what you call it...haha) used to be a huge part of my life. When I was a senior in high school my mom dragged me into a class with her and I was hooked! I am super competitive by nature and loved being able to push myself every class. I started going multiple times a week and it became a huge part of my workout routine. I slowly got out of it as college and life got busier and it had been years since I have done it. A few months ago though, the gym at my apartment complex got a spin bike and I couldn't have been more excited. I dusted off my spin shoes and have been spinning at least 4 times a week since! I forgot how much I truly love the workouts. You can find great spinning workout ideas on Pinterest if you need some inspiration. If you're not the biggest fan of running and you've never tried it I highly recommend giving it a shot! I think it's really important to find a class in your area to get started so that you can learn proper form and technique from professionals before you try it on your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dre Does.... © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO