Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 5, 2014

Dre Does a Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette Review

Congrats Too Faced! You have officially figured women out; an eyeshadow palette that smells like chocolate! Does it get any better than that? (Ok maybe if it came with chocolate you could eat...but let's carry on with the review)


I had been hearing multiple things about this palette and all of them were great. I received a Sephora gift card so as I made my way to the store I had this palette in mind. With one look and smell of the palette I was sold. Not only does it smell amazing (the shadows have cocoa powder in them giving them a magnificent aroma), but the colors are gorgeous! This is the description on the back and I agree with it all: "Indulge your craving for chocolate with these 16 antioxidant-rich cocoa powder infused matte and shimmer shades of natural browns, delicate pinks and luscious plums. Inspired by our best-selling cocoa powder infused Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, the collection of decadent shadows is the perfect complement to any skin tones. Chocolate Bar comes with our signature Glamour Guide with three beauty looks to get you started." First of all, I lost that guide so whoops haha but yes you get that! Secondly I highly agree with the statement that they are perfect for any skin tone. There are cool, warm and neutral shades that will work for anyone. Instead of picking up the next Naked Palette (don't get me wrong those are nice too but work for specific skin tones instead) I would get the Chocolate Bar palette. I love how the plums and pinks are included to give you something more than just neutral looks. 

As far as the packaging goes, I love it. It's a brown metal palette with a magnetic closure. It feels very solid and durable. I'm a huge fan of this styling of packaging. There's also a nice sized mirror on the inside of the palette that's wide enough to see both eyes up close at once! 


The little plastic overlay with all of the shadow names comes out. While I like that this makes for a smaller palette because you don't have to make room by the shadows for names, I don't like that this is easy to lose and not keep track of what the colors are called. 


The picture above shows the shadows in indoor lighting with no flash. The picture below shows the shadows in natural outdoor lighting with no flash, which is a more accurate depiction of the actual shades. 


Overall, this palette has 7 matte shades, 3 shimmers with actual glitter, and 6 satin sheen shades. I would say the satins are the creamiest and most pigmented shades, then the mattes are shimmers are just slightly less pigmented and buttery. Overall the quality is amazing though and I find the colors easy to blend and work with. I also love that there is a great mix of finishes within the palette, especially that there both matte and satin highlight options (the two larger shadows). Below I've swatched and listed all of the color names for easy reference. The names are to the left of the corresponding swatches. 


If you're looking for a good neutral palette, I'd definitely get this one. Women who have a more neutral skin type like me (have equal parts warm and cool so you can wear either), I would highly recommend this palette because there's a good mix of undertones. Even those who are specifically warm or cool, I think you'd enjoy it as well, because let's be real. We women love chocolate and makeup and Too Faced certainly hit the nail on the head with this one!

If you have any requests for reviews please leave me a comment and let me know!

Have a beautiful day,

Dre



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dre Does.... © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO