Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Dre Does a Plum Smokey Eye


I recently posted a picture on Instagram of some items I purchased from Ulta due to redeeming a ridiculous amount of reward points. One of those items was the new Artist Palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills. I immediately started getting questions about whether I thought the palette was worth it, so I decided I would test it out ASAP by doing a makeup look for you guys. 

So far I have to admit I'm in love. I was definitely one of those people who swatched it in store and didn't think it was worth it. Honestly if it wasn't for those points I probably wouldn't have even gotten it. Once I got it home however and started playing I could tell I was going to love it. Even though it's filled with some crazy colors, I think it's a great addition to a makeup collection because it's not just another neutral palette. I mean we can only have so many shimmery taupes right? Haha (Jk I still think I need them all!)


So I've created this look below for you using the shades Buttery, Dusty Rose, Orange You Fancy, Aubergine, and Baby I'm a Star. I know it doesn't translate on camera as being very purple but in real life it's a little more obvious. I personally like wearing color as natural as possible so I like that it's not very intensely purple. 


Let's be nice to my brows. Every so often I leave them alone for a month so I can reshape them and you are witnessing this process firsthand below. 


So back to the tutorial. After applying my eyeshadow primer (my fave is Benefit's Stay Don't Stray) from lid to brow bone, I applied Buttery to the entire lid and brow bone area. Next using a fluffy crease brush, I blended Dusty Rose into the crease as a transition color. Then to warm it up a little bit, I blended some Orange You Fancy with it going slightly above the crease. Next I packed the Aubergine shade all over my blend and blended the edges out into those two transitions shades. Lastly, I added a little bit of Baby I'm A Star into the outer corner to darken it and give a little extra dimension. For the lower lash line, I simply added some black eyeliner to the water line and then smoked it out with that Aubergine shade concentrating more of the shadow on the outside and fading it towards the inner eye area. That's it! I'm super happy with how the look turned out and plan on sharing more of what I create with this unique and colorful palette!

Other products used on my face:
Primer: Benefit Porefessional
Foundation: Nars Luminous Weightless
Concealer: Maybelline FitMe
Setting Powder: Dermablend Translucent Setting Powder
Bronzer/Contour: Anastasia Contour Kit
Blush: Milani Luminoso
Highlighter: MAC Soft & Gentle
Brows: Benefit Browzings
Mascara: Benefit They're Real
Lips: MAC Spice Liner & Khroma Beauty Joy Stick in Sea Coral

Have a beautiful day,

Dre






No comments:

Post a Comment

Dre Does.... © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO