Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Dre Does Tinted Lips

Every lipstick obsessed woman knows that spring means saying hello to brighter pinks, corals, and reds on your lips for the upcoming warmer weather. However, for many of us this change in season can bring about changes in our lips. As a woman who loves her lip color, especially in a drier matte finish, I have to make sure that my lips have days where I am taking good care of them by moisturizing well and prepping them for those days I want to make a bold statement with my lips.

That is where this post comes in. Just because we have to have days where we take a break from intense matte lip colors, doesn't mean you have to slap on that cheap, clear chapstick. If that's what you love to do, go you! However, these two tinted lip balms are for my ladies that still want to make sure their lips are looking bright.

If you're someone who is new to lipsticks and slightly intimidated by the bolder and brighter colors, I urge you to try these products as a way to get used to wearing brighter colors on your lips without the full commitment.

 
Enter the It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush 4-in-1 Reviver Lipstick Stain in 'Je Na Sais Quoi' and the Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in 'Tulip'. These are my go to products for a moisture and tint combo. 

The first by It Cosmetics is a very unique product because it looks a little bit different on everyone. The balm is completely clear and reacts with the pH of your lips to change color. I have swatched it below but it gives a much more obvious pigment on the lips that compliments them so well. On me the color is a bright pink that I love for spring and summer. With Plum & Cherry oil, Shea Butter, Argan & Jojoba, Vitamins A, C, & E, Green & White Tea and Aloe, this tinted balm leaves your lips so moisturized and smooth feeling. It's called the 4-in-1 Reviver Lipstick Stain because it's designed to replace your four typical lip products in one; anti-aging lip balm, lipstick, lip gloss, and lip stain.

 

My other tinted lip balm is one that I have loved for years. The original Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in the shade Rose was a very popular product that I tried years ago and fell in love with. While it didn't offer that much pigment, I really loved how moisturizing the grapeseed and other oils helped my lips feel. The secret to this product is in it's name! Sugar! Sugar is a natural humectant that helps the lips prevent moisture loss. Fast forward to a few years later and now Fresh has a whole line of shades in this Sugar Lip Treatment line. All with SPF 15 which is extremely important in the warmer months. (Click here to visit Tuesday's post on SPF.) I love how the line now features some that are sheer and some like Tulip that have much more pigment. 


Overall, I think it is key for every woman to have a good tinted lip balm or two in her purse at all times that she can count on for color and good moisturization. Both of these products are offered in many other shades as well, if these pinks aren't your favorite! 

*It Cosmetics can be purchased in store at Ulta, but also online at Ulta.com, QVC.com, and Itcosmetics.com. The Vitality Lip Flushes retail for $20.
*Fresh can be purchased in store at Sephora stores, but also online at Sephora.com and Fresh.com. The Sugar Lip Treatment Line ranges in price from $22.50 to $25. 

Have a beautiful day,

Dre

(Both products were purchased with my own money and all opinions are my own)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dre Does.... © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO