Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, December 16, 2013

Dre Does Her Favorite Eyeshadow Palette

Eyeshadow palettes are always huge. It seems like every few weeks there's a new one getting hype from bloggers and YouTubers alike. I had my eye on the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette for a long time, but since it's 6 matte neutral shadows I figured it could be easily be duped with other colors. Boy was I wrong. The problem with most palettes today I think, is that they may have an array of beautiful colors in them, but they don't possess every color you need to create a full eye look. I found myself still having to carry a highlight color, crease color, and matte black. This is where the Naked Basics has changed everything. I think it is a must have because not only is it a stand alone amazing natural eye or even dramatic eye palette, but it's addition to whatever palette you already have allows you to completely multiply the possibilities of looks. You have highlight colors, crease colors, and that matte black can turn up the drama for any look.

(Naked Basics compared to my iPhone 5s)

If you travel a lot, being able to add one small palette that can do so much is beneficial. You could bring just this one, or you could bring another palette with some shimmery, more dramatic colors, and you would have all of your bases covered for any eye look you could want. Below are the eyeshadow colors in the palette and swatches without any primers or other products. 

(L to R: Venus, Foxy, W.O.S., Naked 2, Faint, and Crave)



Starting from the left, Venus is a light shade with only a slight satin sheen. It's so slight I wouldn't even call it a satin finish. It's a great inner corner color. Next are two wonderful highlight shades, Foxy (more yellow toned) and W.O.S. (more pink toned). Naked 2 is a great gray/brown/taupe color that I love for the crease. Next we have Faint which is a perfect matte brown color for adding more dimension to your look. Lastly, Crave is the matte black that is key in transitioning looks into more dramatic, night looks. 

Overall for only $27 I think this palette is an amazing addition to anyone's collection and a must have for those who like mattes or travel a lot. 

Have a beautiful day,

Dre



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dre Does.... © 2011. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO